Click here for Spanish.
Have you started planning?
The official dates have been set! The sixth annual National Safety Stand-down to Prevent Falls in Construction will occur May 6-10, 2019.
Click here for more information.
New to the concept?
For those that have never participated in the National Safety Stand-down to Prevent Falls in Construction it can seem a bit daunting. But, when you click the link above you will find a whole host of resources to use. Whether you are a large contractor that has employees exposed to many types of fall hazards, or a small contractor that simply works from ladders, this is a great opportunity to take the time to gather your forces and focus their attention on the specific fall hazards they face during the normal course of their work day.
Or 15… Your Stand-down doesn’t have to take hours. It really is meant to be a concentrated focus on fall hazards in the construction work place that are specific to your workers. Get them involved.
- What are the hazards you see?
- How can we better address those hazards?
- Are the tools provided appropriate?
- Maybe you provide a ladder to work from but would a one-man lift be safer? quicker?
- If you work at heights, have you addressed falling objects? Do you need to look into purchasing tool lanyards.
These small questions can really help you narrow your focus and address the real concerns that your workers face every day.